Elearning is now getting used extensively across the globe especially in the corporate sector.
MNCs are using this form of learning to impart training to their employees. The employees also consider it as a time-saving form of training because they don’t need to attend seminars for it.
Elearning has a high retention rate because human beings can remember what is shown to them via videos. Therefore, various sectors are now willing to adopt elearning to help in their development as well as leading a nation to develop. These sectors are agriculture, services, education, medicine, government organizations and businesses.
Now elearning in healthcare popular because of the following reasons:
- Not possible to attend classes: Healthcare professionals dont get the education sometimes because they work for the entire day. So, they don’t have time to be a part of the classes. Healthcare professionals also have erratic schedules. But with elearning in healthcare, they don’t need to take out special time. They can study whenever they are convenient to do so, be in the office or the metro. The accessibility of elearning is also great because it can be seen and used on all devices. You can also print the elearning material if you don’t want to study it on a tablet or a smartphone.
- Elearning can be interactive: Some of the critics have this opinion about elearning that it is not so effective because there is no scope for the human element. In a class, students discuss what has been taught in a lecture. This leads to higher retention. Students can also ask questions about the subject matter from a teacher after the session ends. So, a classroom session is quite productive. But it’s not so in elearning. However, a report was conducted by the World Health Organization which found that elearning in healthcare is as efficient in teaching as a classroom setting. Its because elearning has a lot of nice features such as worksheets, videos, text and audios. The audio might be in the form of a narration or a character talking. So, elearning also makes someone learn as much as a conventional classroom teaching model.
- Loss of productivity:The healthcare professionals must not devote time away from the hospital. Caring for patients is extremely important. With elearning, healthcare professionals don’t need to devote time on training. They can take out time whenever they want from their schedule to devote to elearning.
- A valuable database is created: Since elearning is in the form of videos or text, its quite useful for a healthcare professional when they are unable to recall something. They can go back to the elearning modules and look back at the same information. This is not possible with classroom training unless a lecture is recorded by a student.
- Elearning systems give news:Elearning systems also give news about the faculty on message boards. So, the users can post their views about such news.
Elearning systems also have search engines through which users can search for information. So the elearning systems have a method of letting the users know that they have gone through a topic. Hence, anyways users have complete control over what they have learned.
This is how elearning systems can benefit healthcare professionals.