Benefits of using an LMS for nonprofit organizations
There has been a massive technology change, leading to the adoption of LMS systems. Companies worldwide are now using such systems in collaboration with eLearning USA companies. There are many benefits of using an LMS system. It’s a better option to provide training than providing in-person training. The LMS is accessible on mobile phones, which is imperative today.
Nonprofit organizations need this kind of functionality in an LMS because they need to have a massive reach, and everybody does not have access to a laptop.
Also, a nonprofit organization aims to train all its members and volunteers. Anyways, classroom training is prohibitively costly for such an organization.
For nonprofit organizations, LMS provides these benefits:
- No need for IT: First of all, no IT admin is needed to manage such an LMS. The organizations are also saved from giving a PC to learners. Such an LMS is hosted on a cloud-based server, so it’s accessible everywhere and at any time. For example, such an LMS can be accessed on desktop computers and mobile phones. Such an LMS also has an increased bandwidth so that maximum accessibility is there.
- Data security: Such an LMS is also quite secure because the LMS vendor has servers protected from hacking.
- Train whenever and wherever you are free: There are no time and location bound restrictions because learners can use the LMS anytime and anywhere.
- Promotes mobile donations: A nonprofit organization needs donations for its work which might not be possible when the website is not running owing to a lack of IT staff due to lockdown. Hence they can get donations through a mobile-based LMS. Nonprofit organizations can ask for arrangements through the LMS vendor where they can activate customer service. Once such a service is activated, mobile users can donate money to the Paypal account of a nonprofit organization. Once they call the customer service team of the LMS vendor, the mobile LMS users know about the authenticity.
- Easy accessibility through mobile apps: When the NGO is working towards helping people, it does not have time to know who accessed the LMS portal on websites. It can be done by logging in to the LMS website, but it takes time. But with, with a mobile LMS, you can easily check the reports of users through its dashboard because the interface is easier to use with an app. LMS analytics help a nonprofit organization change the training material to drive engagement. The mobile-based LMS app can also be accessed across different browsers such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Internet Explorer. So, you can also use iPhones to access it.
- Integrations with the LMS: You can ensure that various apps can be integrated with such an LMS as Paypal, Shopify, and Zoom. The employees can call you anytime to seek clarification about training material. With apps like Zendesk integrated with LMS, employees can also chat with anyone.
Due to these reasons, nonprofit organizations should use an LMS.