What features should a staffing company LMS contain?
In today’s times, when technological use has reached unprecedented levels, an LMS is the right software for information dispersal in companies owing to easy access.
For example, in HR firms, the employees can be elucidated about the company policy through such software so that they don’t break rules while signing contracts with clients. Due to the following reasons, an HR company needs an LMS:
Utility for employees:
Employees also need to be updated about clients’ requirements through job descriptions because otherwise, they can’t fulfill them. Apart from employees, such LMS can also distribute information to clients and recruits who might need new information regarding their positions.
Utility for clients:
The LMS is also useful because when a client/company sends you assignments for a certain job position; you can upload them to the LMS. Afterward, automatic emails are sent to the job candidates containing such assessments, helping a staffing company evaluate them for the job.
A client also requires onboarding solutions for new joiners, and they can also get access to them through your LMS. Hence, a staffing company needs an enterprise LMS so that it can be accessed by various stakeholders.
How to choose an LMS?
A staffing company needs to evaluate which is the best LMS for its needs. It’s better that it shortlists at least three LMS models and then evaluate them for usability. You can get an idea about which is the best one in terms of features and prices. After comparison, you can come to a final decision. To take a buying decision, you can also contact the individual vendors and ask them for a demo. It’s better to understand that you study everything about such LMS including their performance reviews by customers before making a buying decision.
All kinds of LMSs are available in the market; however, a judicious selection has to be done by a staffing company. Coding is needed when you have opted for a free LMS instead of the one with a monthly fee. As an HR firm, you might not have such coding prowess available in the company. Hence, it’s better to choose an LMS which requires you to pay monthly subscription fees so that the vendor undertakes all the required up-gradation tasks. It’s better to do a need analysis to find which LMS is better for your organization. The employees are the best resources for getting information about the required LMS. A staffing company can make sure that its processes get automated through such an LMS. These are the essential features of such an LMS:
It also has to check the support system of such an LMS vendor, whether it’s 24/7 or not. Is the vendor ready to provide you with bespoke reports in case those are required?
These are the essential features of such an LMS:
- Integrated with a database: A staffing-company LMS is a major time-saver for employees of recruitment agencies. It’s because instead of storing all the resumes in folders on the desktop PC, they can store them in the LMS. As soon as they get an email from their clients about a new opening, they can match the key attributes with the LMS database resumes and send emails to the desirable candidates. So, instead of searching the mailbox for candidates to whom job emails have been sent, they just have to click on an LMS.
- Automatic calculation of salaries and work-hours management: This LMS is pivotal for a staffing company that deals with temporary staffing solutions. It’s because it can help recruitment agencies in contacting such candidates and maintaining their salary records. For the temporary employees, the data related to their tenures and salaries is huge and hence needs digitalization. For example, when any opening about a provisional worker is put on the LMS, emails are sent to the labor suppliers about it. This reduces the outbound calls by the staffing agency employees who might have to set up interviews for such employees with clients also. In the case of short period staffing, since the staffing agency has to pay the salaries of such employees, it has to be aware of the work hours also. When such an LMS is at their disposal, they can automatically get the work hours of such employees after deducting break time every day. This happens because when their clients upload the worksheet of such employees on the LMS, it captures the working hours of such employees.
- Document sharing: A staffing company must have a document-sharing provision with clients. This way, they can ensure that when candidates submit their documents from previous companies, they can be shared with the clients for third-party inquiry.
- Email notifications: An LMS must be easily able to send emails so that new hires get all the information about their joining like the contact person etc. A welcome email is also shot to new joiners to ensure that they are congratulated on the new job.
- Document signing: This is also inevitable because the candidates have to sign documents such as an offer letter before they can join the company. Therefore, such an LMS should have features for creating digital signatures. The companies can add such documents to this software and then get updated when the employee has signed them. Moreover, now every employee is required to sign the anti-harassment policy clause before he joins the company so that in the future if he is found responsible for the same, he can be terminated.
In the case of both temporary and permanent staffing, if an employee has left the job with a client or has not joined after receiving the offer letter, all the data gets stored in the LMS for further reference. Even the salaries paid to the temp employees are stored in the LMS so that there is no confusion regarding the salary disbursement.
That’s how; the staffing companies should select the LMS provided it contains the above-mentioned features.